Registered Environmental Health Specialist - Manalapan Township
POSITION: REGISTERED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Under the general direction of the Health Officer, the selected person will perform professional work in promoting and protecting public health through inspections, education, consultation and enforcement of federal, state, and local health laws and regulations. Travel on a daily basis or as needed throughout the Township of Manalapan.
Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Registered Environmental Health Specialist license and valid New Jersey Driver’s License. Lead-Inspector/Risk Assessor license, Community Noise Enforcement certification, and Trained Pool Operator certification preferred.
HOURS: 35 hours per week
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Retail food establishment inspections, issuance of sanitary ratings, procedure review.
• Review site plans for new food establishments as per Chapter 24 regulations.
• Soil log witnessing for onsite sewage disposal system construction.
• Design review and inspection of onsite sewage disposal systems as per N.J.A.C. 7:9A.
• Inspection of public recreational bathing facilities, tanning salons, kennels/pet shops, camps and daycare centers.
• Investigation of rodent and pest control problems, suggestion of abatement procedures.
• Issue summons, court appearances and testimony as required.
• Investigation of environmental health complaints, enforcement action as necessary including violation notices and enforcement of public health codes and regulations.
• Conduct childhood lead-poisoning investigations and follow up.
• Witnessing installation of wells for potable and non-potable sources.
• Provide education/info on Environmental and housing problems, i.e., water, radon, mold issues.
• Conducts epidemiological investigations and surveillance of communicable disease control.
• Assistance in local health clinics and prevention programs such as rabies and flu clinics.
• Responding to emergency health situations in case of fire, flood, hazardous spills and other emergencies.
• On-call roster, occasional weekends/evenings.
• Assist with data compilation for Monthly/Annual Health Officer’s Report.
• CCO reviews for residential and commercial properties served by septic and well.
• Review of Zoning applications for septic and well setback regulations.
Qualified candidates please email your resume to Jeannette Toro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Environmental Health Specialist - Randolph, NJ
Salary: $44,000. Increase to $46,500 after successful completion of year one probation period, then, after successful completion of year two probation, increase to $50,000
Job Type: Full time
Location: Randolph Township Health Department, Randolph, NJ Randolph Township is a local health provider municipality seeking a self-motivated individual to perform sanitary inspections and environmental health work including but not limited to, the enforcement of relevant sanitary, environmental, housing, property maintenance and public health laws and rules with the township and it’s recipient communities; conducts inspections, investigations and; performs other duties as required. Possession of an active Registered Environmental Health Specialist License issued by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services and a valid New Jersey driver’s license required. State housing inspectors and lead inspector risk assessors licenses are conditions of employment and must be obtained within one year of appointment. Minimum 1 year local health agency experience. Previous experience in other disciplines may be considered.
Forward salary requirements to: Mark Caputo, Health Officer, Randolph Township, 502 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph, NJ 07869 or email@example.com.
Health Officer – Northern NJ Health Commission
Northern NJ Health Commission seeks a highly qualified and motivated leader who possesses strong managerial and interpersonal skills for the position of Health Officer for a regional health commission.
Responsibilities to include:
- Administrative duties necessary for the operation of a regional health commission.
- Implementation of activities to provide required services as set forth in the “Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey” and local ordinances.
- Maintenance of accurate records and files; development of budgets, reports, contracts.
- Communication with officials, local boards of health and residents within the towns served.
- Management and supervision of staff.
- Communication and regular meetings with Board of Commissioners.
- Possession of a valid Health Officer License issued by the New Jersey Department of Health.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license
- Health Officer or Assistant Health Officer experience
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates to reply with resume to:
Laurie DiCorcia, Vice President, Commission
Registered Environmental Health Specialist - Part-time
Hopewell Township Health Department is seeking a part-time REHS.
Duties to include inspection of septic system repairs/installations; retail food inspections, and environmental complaints.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Director